Math Placement Policy
GSDA Math Placement Policy
The following steps are taken to ensure accurate placement for all students in freshman math classes.
- We consider multiple academic measures when selecting freshman math courses. They may include, but are not limited to the following:
- 7th and 8th grade courses and grades
- State assessment data (CAASPP)
- Local assessment data aligned to state-adopted content standards
- We will include at least one placement checkpoint within the first month of the school year to ensure accurate placement. All 9th graders will take a math assessment within the first four weeks of school.
- Student placement data will be reviewed annually to ensure students’ math placements are based on performance and students are not held back on the basis of their race, ethnicity, gender, or socio-economic background.
- As a homeschool program, parents are an integral part of the course selection process. Data collected through multiple academic measures will be discussed with parents and students to determine appropriate placement for 9th grade math.