TEACHER’S ASSISTANT/OFFICE CLERK
Greater San Diego Academy – 40 Hours per week
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Responsible for assisting the classroom teacher in preparing instructional materials, tutoring individual pupils and small groups. Responsible for supporting office staff in basic clerical duties.
DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE TO: Director
- Tutors individual and small groups of students, reinforcing instruction as directed by the teacher.
- Listens to students carefully to assist them in learning and resolving problems and to provide the teacher with helpful information.
- Leads students through follow-up activities to reinforce the teacher's lessons.
- Communicates with teachers and parents regarding individual student progress and conduct.
- Oversees students in a variety of instructional and recreational settings.
- Prepares bulletin boards, displays, and classroom materials to be used by students.
- Assists teacher and students in using audio-visual equipment.
- Prepare materials, copies and documents as required by site personnel
- Use modern office equipment including computers and related software programs.
- Perform general clerical duties such as filing, phones, scheduling, etc.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Appearance, grooming, and personality which establish a desirable example for pupils.
- Ability to adapt in an ever changing environment
- Accepts direction and takes initiative
- Ability to meet district standards for physical and mental health. Mature, sound judgment, professional attitude and manner.
- Certification: Must hold a high school diploma.
- Other: Successful passage of pre-placement physical and evidence of current negative TB skin test.
TO APPLY: Download a Classified Application from the Jamul-Dulzura School District website http://jdusd.net/District/1176-Employment.html include with your application a one page letter explaining how your skills will support student achievement in our educational setting. Completed applications should be submitted to Catherine Bowes, GSDA Director, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or 14545 Lyons Valley Rd., Jamul, CA, 91935.