If you are interested in enrolling at Greater San Diego Academy or just want more information, call our resource center at 619-669-3050 to set an appointment for an orientation. Orientations are available at our Jamul resource center or via video conference. In your orientation, you will meet with an educational consultant to learn about the school’s program, and what it would look like for your student. Given that GSDA offers personalized learning for each child, each orientation is also tailored to the student's needs. This is also your opportunity to ask any questions you have and to gather any information you need to make this important decision.
If you determine that GSDA would be a good match for your family, you will be asked to complete an enrollment packet. Along with the completed application for enrollment, the following documents will be needed to process the enrollment.
- Birth Certificate, passport, baptismal certificate, or other document to verify student's age. Non-US documents will be accepted, including birth records.
- Immunization Records (Guide to Immunizations Required for School Entry)
- Note: Immunization Requirements for 2016-17: Personal beliefs exemptions (PBEs) filed at a school or child-care facility before January 1, 2016 will remain valid until the student enrolls in the next grade span, typically at kindergarten (or transitional kindergarten) or 7th grade. In addition, in accordance with the California Health and Safety Code, the new immunization requirements for entry into school does not apply to a pupil who is enrolled in an independent study program such as GSDA.
- 2 proofs of residency (3 proofs needed for resident of Jamul or Dulzura)
- Report Cards (grades K-8) or Official Transcript (High School)
Please plan on a one hour meeting for kindergarten through 8th grade students and 1½ hours for high school students. Middle and high school students are strongly encouraged to attend the orientation. It is up to the parent to determine if a K-5 student should attend.