Parent Forms

Here are some of the more common forms needed by parents at GSDA.

Dear Parents/Guardians, 

We know that the pandemic has presented challenges for many students. Offering options to help children who may have struggled with disrupted routines is a priority for us. That’s why I want to let you know about Assembly Bill 104, which, among other things, allows parents to opt for changes in students' letter grades to pass/no pass. The form for pass/no pass requests is available on the California Department of Education website and available below. The CDE website also has a current list of institutions of higher education that will accept a transcript with a pass/no pass grade. Some postsecondary institutions, including those in other states, may not accept a pass/no pass grade for admissions. If you have questions about a specific institution’s policy, we recommend you reach out directly to them.
Other options offered with the assembly bill include allowing students to retake their grade level and allowing high school juniors and seniors to ask for exemption from certain graduation requirements. While these options won’t be appropriate for every child, they may provide an opportunity for some students to catch up. At Greater San Diego Academy we want to work collaboratively to ensure we’re doing what’s best for every student and their learning. Please, contact Catherine Bowes at  if you are interested in requesting the pass/no pass option or would like more information about the flexibility outlined in the assembly bill.